Friday, October 3, 2008

Potatoes, Potatoes, Potatoes

Well, Dave's job at the Park ended with September and for the last two days he has been working on a Potato Farm harvesting potatoes. Neither one of us realized what this meant. He is now gone all day (he sees the girls for 5 minutes if they wake up early). He comes home covered in dirt and exhausted. I have never seen him so tired and sore. We have new respect for those wonderful people who bring us these versatile veggies.
I miss my honey!! How did I do this when he was in school???
Yesterday when Danica realized he was going to the farm she burst out in tears and said, "Daddy I don't want you to go!!"
They both miss him so much and so do I.

3 comments:

SHELLS BELLS! said...

Welcome to life in Idaho! I love potato harvest.

Krystle Ricks said...

Wow Christina. Wow. That sounds so rough! But it certainly reminded me of the days when Barry worked for the mines!!! I'm grateful that Dave found a filler job though! I hope it pays enough for you guys! And I hope you guys find a job soon! And IN CARLSBAD! :) We'll keep praying for your family!!! GOOD LUCK~

Elise said...

What an incredible guy, is all I have to say.