Oh the joys of moving. What fun our kids get to have discovering things. Whitney found that the dresser drawers make great hideouts and play places. (i'm not sure how she got through all the boxes to get to the dresser but hey kids are imaginative.) She also discovered a swim diaper somewhere and decided it would make a great hat. Doesn't she look so cute!!

The girls were great helpers to daddy when he started loading the truck. They carried anything they were strong enough to carry. (you'd think they had done this a couple times already :) ) Dave was so amazing with the packing. He not only started packing boxes since I was swamped with that scrapbook, but he loaded the entire truck by himself (minus three big items that he had our friend Barry help him with). He really is my Superman!! oh - and he helped to finish cleaning the kitchen once he had finished loading the truck. Is that not a man or what!!
Then came all the fun. The day we were moving we planned on getting up finishing up the cleaning and checking out by 8 or 9 am. Well, 12:30 pm and we are finally done cleaning. Gotta love having to wash window three or four times because every time you turn around there's another hand print. Then, we walk over to the office and they are on lunch break- AHHHH! So Dave walks back to the cars finds the phone burried in my purse and we call them. They finally get there, and we get checked out (now about 1 pm) Then what was supposed to be a quick trip to Walmart for gas and snacks (ha ha, not with a tired two year old) and a stop to get lunch we are finally on the road. Then every 2o minutes we hear - I have to go potty!!! Tell me again why we potty trained Whitney before we moved ??? The wind is blowing so hard the truck is at an angle and I have to get whitney out on the side of the road every 20 minutes since there is nothing between towns. We nearly get blown away only to not have her go because she is not comfortable. UGGG.
We finally make it to Albuquerque around 7:30 pm (it's only supposed to take 4 hours). By now I am very tired because I've only had a few hours sleep, and I've been cleaning all morning, fighting wind in the car and little kids, and we still are trying to make it to Provo tonight. Hahaha. It startes to storm and now we get a break from the wind, but have to fight sleet and rain. Well, as I am doing the head bob I realize I need to tell Dave I'm not safe to drive anymore so we get on the walkie talkie and I let him know I need to stop. We pull into Gallup about 11 pm, it is still raining and we see the sign for the hotel, but then we get to the stop sign and neither one of us could remember what direction. so we pick one and yes - it was the wrong one. It's dark and raining and everything looks the same so Dave flips a U only to end up in this:

Yes, we got stuck in the mud. Not just the truck, the car too since I was following right behind. Luckily enough we got the car out, but the truck is just a tad bit heavier than the car, after trying for 30 minutes we call AAA and get a tow truck on it's way. He showed up shortly after midnight and was able to get the truck out of the mud. Yay!!!!
On to the hotel to get cleaned up and rested.
The next day we don't get on the road until 9:30 am, but I think it was worth it. We are only half a day behind schedule at this point - no biggie right.What an adventure we had that day. So grateful to the Lord that I didn't fall asleep, that we were able to get a tow, and that the hotel had wonderful showers and beds. All in all, the rest of trip was a breeze. I will post all the fun we had with our families later. (thank for hanging in to the end)

2 comments:
How CRAZY!! You are brave. We will miss you guys so much.
Wow. You have a very Positive attitude! I don't think I would be taking pictures... I'd be ripping someone's head off by this time... and it wouldn't be mine! hehe! You are amazing!
Post a Comment