Tuesday, March 11, 2008

tagged plates???!!!

I can't believe this. Dave missed his bus this morning and I need the car so we packed the girls (sleeping) into the car and headed down to the cave. There was a cop in front of me and then he pulled into a turn only lane put on his brakes until I had passed and then sped up until he was right on my tail - HELLO ???!!

I had my cruise on at 55 which was the speed limit and I was not aware of any rules I had broken. I try to be a good driver. Well, he stays on my tail for a few miles and then turns his lights on. Dave and I are thinking what in the world is going on - again. (for those of you who don't know, Dave and I got pulled over about 4 times in the first two months we were here for having out of state plates and a headlight that was out - twice in one day once)

I pull over and he comes over and procedes to tell me that my plates are tagged and that every cop from here to timbucktoo is going to pull me over until I get insurance. well hello - we have insurance. So we tell him we have insurance here in New mexico and give him our agents name, but because our glove box is insanely messy we aren't able to find that little piece of paper that states we do infact have insurance. Well, he keeps talking but my mind is going a million miles a minute about stupid insurance companies and this that and the other. So yeah for us we are marked by the police.
Well, we call both our previous agent and our current agent and leave messages because it is too early for them to be in the office. Our previous agent calls us back and tell us that her computer shows that we have active insurance in the state of New Mexico and it is inforce. What is going on here???

Insurance companies - argghhhhhh

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

GRRR! I hate those kind of problems. I'm sorry!

SHELLS BELLS! said...

YIKES! Was your drivers license expired? That would have added more excitement to your morning.

Christina said...

Shells,
no my license isn't expired - Thank Goodness!! but, he didn't even ask me for that. Ironic don't you think?