Saturday, May 9, 2009

more thoughts from my head

Sorry I still am working on getting the pictures organized and edited from all our adventures over the past two months. Soon - I promise.



For now I wanted to post some good and not so good things of this morning.



A cold front moved in... yes this is good - it is no longer 109 degrees. It is now in the 80's. I can handle that. There are clouds and nice breezes and it is fairly quiet at my house...



except for the neighbor's not so fine tuned racing machine that he decided to fire up at 8 am this morning after we had all finally gotten back to sleep after another sleepless night (not so good)...



But the girls are actually playing nicely together despite their tiredness and there is still peace at my house.



Last night I was exhausted and commented to Dave "hun, why am I so bad at keeping house?"

His reply "Becaus you are so good at keeping kids"

Do I have a great husband or what. The mess drives both of us up the wall, but he realizes it's because we have 4 little bundles of energy running around all day and that I'm playing with them instead of doing the dishes and you know what - he love that, and can overlook the mess. I am blessed.



A side note - Dallin is dehydrated it has been 103, 105, 109 degrees consecutively where we are, and the air unit is not yet hooked up where we live. Dallin has been nursing every 1 1/2 to 2 hours because he so hot and sweaty all the time, but despite this he only had 3 wet diapers yesterday none of which were even remotely soaked, but you could see the dark yellow pee spots for every time he did go. (sorry for the details) I have tried and tried to get him to drink water and juice from a bottle, sippy cup, even a medicine dropper and the boy won't take it.



HELP for the sake of my baby and me what do I do?

4 comments:

Ben, Starlene, Aiden, Brynlee, and Kynzee said...

I understand what dealing with a stubborn baby is like. To prevent Brynlee from being readmitted to the hospital the doctor told us to put the syringe way back in her mouth so she has to swallow it. He said repeat it every ten minutes. Try making pedialyte popsicles. It worked good for us. Good luck.

Bridgette said...

POPSICLES!!!! I feed them to my kids when they are sick and the love it!

Elise said...

I think we'll be close to there soon. we've got to figure out if we could get an AC unit in one of those windows.

Lynners said...

109?!!!! In May?! Holy crap! How do you possibly cope?! I sincerely hope that things continue to improve. Wow.

The syringe worked for us too, when we had a dehydrated baby. It's not easy, but good luck!

I love your hubby's comment about keeping kids. My hubby says the same kind of thing, but not so eloquently.

I can't keep control of my house now, and we only have two kids! What will it be like when we have four?