Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Yellowstone final part

We hiked to this beautiful lake that seem a bit out of place in Yellowstone, but then Yellowstone is so big it's probaly just part I've never been to before.

The girls enjoyed taking a break and throwing rocks into the lake. On the way up we missed one of the switchbacks and ended up going straight up the mountain. What a trooper Dave is as once again he ended up carrying both girls. And of course I couldn't miss this great photo op by the river.


We drove around the park looking for wildlife after our hike and we were lucky enough to see this grizzly bear eating a bison. I know it's hard to see but just take my word for it.

We also saw several coyotes, a family of bison and two black bears. Unfortunately the other pictures didn't turn out well because it was dusk. Oh well. Dave was glad to see all the wildlife, but he still wants to see a wolf.

More camping fun



The Mammoth Hot Springs used to be very colorful, but now they are mostly dried up but the formations they made are still fun to look at. What do you see?

And again - Dave carrying both girls. What a great daddy. I promise our girls did do alot of hiking themselves too.

After such a great vacation we decided the girls should have something to remember it by (besides just pictures). Whitney picked out a grizzly bear and Danica picked out a wolf. They played with them almost the whole way home.

Whitney named hers cuddley bear and Danica named hers Giselle.
Danica took hers to school today for show and tell so it must have been a great trip for her.
I have some fun quotes from them that I will post later.

2 comments:

Elise said...

This looks like such a blast!

But I must say that watching a bear eat a bison in real life seems a little scarier than it does neat.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had so much fun in Yellowstone. Did we forget to mention that Yellowstone is more than just geyser basins? Is a huge nature preserve full of lakes, streams, forests, mountains, etc. Sorry you missed that as a child. I guess we never took enough time in Yellowstone itself. We spent more time in Jackson 'cause thats where the condo was.