Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day Happenings

Aug 25th was Danica's first day of Kindergarten. She was so excited!! Every morning after we got back from Yellostone (pics coming later) she would say "I start school on Monday" or "I can't wait for the day after tomorrow" Well here she is just before we walked out the door.

And there she is with her sister in front of the school after we picked her up.
She had a fabulous day and they got to play with popcorn. How fun is that.
I wanted to make this day super special for her and I hope I can do this for each of my kids. But we had a little 1st day party that night. I made this brownie cake for her while she was at school and when she got home she ran back outside and said "MOM! The toothfairy made me a cake!!"


She couldn't wait for it to be time to go to the park for her little party and this is a bit of what we did.

Of course they had to climb a tree.

and eat the cake


and play on the playground. We also had a picnic dinner.
Overall I think the day was a success.

3 comments:

Bergstresser Bunch said...

Her outfit is so cute! I love the cake idea! What a great way to reward such a fabulous beginning.

Krystle Ricks said...

Ohhhh... I can't believe how Big Danica is! It feels like you've been gone forever!!! :( I LOVE HER OUTFIT TOO!

Justin & Heather said...

NO WAY! Kindergarten already?!!! She can't be that old! Tell her I said Congrats on starting school! and apparently congrats go out to you too...I am assuming by the floating baby on your blog that you are expecting again???? CONGRATS!!!!