Okay so my friend put out this challenge to increase quality time with your family. She has challenged everyone to do some kind of wholesome recreational activity with your spouse/family everyday for the entire summer. Well, since our family doesn't really have summers we went ahead and started already. Of course - I haven't really told them what's going on yet. So yesterday we went on a walk after dinner. It kept Dallin up about 30 minutes past bedtime, but we saw these beautiful flowers.
These beautiful children enjoying each others company, playing with pine cones and skipping around the block.

We also saw a go cart whipping around the corner. I have to admit that I have missed being outside in the early evening hours. That is one thing Dave and I always did before we had kids was go play after dinner/work. But since we put our kids to bed so early it makes it hard to get outside and play after dinner. It started sprinkling on us at the end of the walk - we talked with our neighbors for a bit and had a fabulous time.
Tonight we played Go Fish, read books, and gave the dog a bath. It was so refreshing to have this quality time together instead of everyone just doing their own thing.
So, I am passing this challenge on to everyone! Get together and make some memories!!!
If you decide to do this challenge you can link your blog to my friends blog and we can all see what everyone is doing.

0 comments:
Post a Comment