Once the spring runoff had finally died down we had lots of fun playing in the river behind our house. Here's just a few pics to show off our fun.


The rocks were the favorite part for everyone. I think Dallin actually ate some. We waded in, fell in and well - I think I got the wettest of everyone. Lots of smiles, laughs and memories.
I really enjoyed living the in the heart of the Rockies.
We hiked a lot more than I've showen here, but hey I'm summing things up. If anyone loves to hike and loves animals and the outdoors in general we highly recommend Rocky Mountain National Park. 'Course if you are on the east coast we would recommend the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Anyway - all of us really enjoyed the serenity of the summer. There's nothing like looking out your window at the mountains and rivers and hearing the wind rustling through the trees in your own forest, watching the elk graze your yard and the hummingbirds fly into your house. It is definately a great place to relax, regroup and remember what's really important in life.

2 comments:
I love these pictures, Christina! It looks like you guys had so much fun there.
We sure did. In fact I cried not just because I was so happy to have a permanent job, but I realized we had to leave that amazing place 2 months earlier than we had anticipated.
Post a Comment