Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Shaving Cream

Did you know that shaving cream makes the best craft activity?! This is something I learned through Stampin' Up! and I thought it would be fun for the girls to make Grandpa birthday gifts using it. Boy did they have a blast. And the clean up is super easy and the kids end up cleaner than they were to begin with.
This is our color palette. All you do is put some shaving cream on a plate, add some color (I used Stampin' Up! re-inkers but you can use liquid food coloring too), swirl around and let your kids create.

We put their drawings on cookie sheets and then pressed paper down to pull up the image. Then you scrape the excess shaving cream off and VOILA.

I think Dallin wanted to join in the fun too.
They had a blast and Grandpa liked his gifts so it looks like it was a success.
ps this was back in January. I'm a bit behind. I'm trying to catch up but hey - I'm trying to put my kids first this year, and Dave is now applying for jobs again so no computer for me after the kids are in bed.

1 comments:

Krystle Ricks said...

Ooooo What a good idea!!! And Dallin is getting cuter and cuter every day! Not that he wasn't cute, he's just filling out and looking so adorable!!! AND, we NEED to hang out! I can't believe we all got the stomach flu on Sunday! This month has been quite an adventure!