Wednesday, February 25, 2009

hiking trip.

Jan 19th Danica had the day off and so did Dave. So we took advantage of that and the beautiful weather and hiked up the Canyon.
There are carins marking the hiking trail and the girls found a stick and decided to beat the carins to see if they could knock it over.


Some fun with the camera. I really like how they turned out. If you can't tell, Whitney is the first one and Danica is the second. They are so grown up I can't believe it.

Dave insisted on carrying both the backback and the snuggli. I was in the process of putting the snuggli on and he took it off and said he would take it. What a crazy guy. He took a small break to adore his son. I didn't quite capture the true moment on the camera, but oh well. Danica tried out her photography skills too. Dad wanted proof that I am involved in the family too :)


Then we picniced at Rattlesnake Springs.
There was an enormous tree that the girls couldn't resist playing on. There was dancing, balancing, and crawling going on. Dallin even got in on the fun.

Another picture of Dave and his son. He really is tied around his finger, just like the girls.

The ominous garbage can - These cans are designed to keep animals out. If you look closely (or click on the picture for a bigger view) you can see that the back part has this nice metal ridge that comes down on the back when you open the lid. Well...

This is a couple weeks after the fact. Yes, Danica got her finger squashed!!
She decided that she was going to help throw the trash away - without telling her dad. Well, he opened the lid right when she put her hand on the can to open the lid the way she thought it opened and this was the result. YIKES. Her finger will probably look like this until her fingernail grows out. Maybe that is a good excuss for fingernail polish.

5 comments:

TimothyandJessica said...

Looks like a great hiking trip, we sure miss hiking, wish we could join you!

Bergstresser Bunch said...

What beautiul weather and kids you have down there! So jealous ;)

Mary said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun. I cannot wait for the weather to warm up so we can enjoy the outdoors more. It is really nasty and snowing here today.

Ebony said...

I'm going for a hike today too. But since it's -22°C (-8°F) it will be through the +15s, lol!

Lynners said...

That looks like so much fun! What a great family moment! Your kids are so lucky.