Friday, July 11, 2008

Are they growing??

Well, what a week we have had. Bumps and bruises and lots of blood. So - I'm sparing you any pictures. (plus I didn't take any)
Whitney has fallen and scrapped her knees about three times this week, fallen off the kitchen chair twice and hit her head, and fallend on the playground and scraped up her chin pretty good.
Danica has had the minor bumps that accompany any active child, but had a big one yesterday while I was walking the track. She was playing under the bleachers with Whitney and they were taking turns running out and "crashing" in the grass. So I didn't think much of it when I saw her laying on the ground, but as I rounded the corner I heard her crying (which is a daily occurance right now) so again - not too concerned. I asked her what happend and no answer just sobbs. As I got closer I realized this was not just a bump as her head was dripping with blood. So, I grab both kids who are now crying because whitney thought I was going to leave her and walk to two blocks home - trying to keep Danica from touching her head because I didn't want her to know she was bleeding, at least not until we got home. after getting her cleaned up the best I could I found that she had a good cut about 3" and then the surface scrap continued to the middle of her head. UGGGHH. Once she was calmed down I asked her how she did it and she said she just missjudged where she was under the bleachers and stood up right into the metal corner.
A special thanks to our neighbor (our adopted grandma) who brought over a stuffed animal to make her feel better.
and as I have been typing this, Whitney has stubbed her toes twice. When will it end?

3 comments:

Bridgette said...

Oh my....ouch! Sounds familiar and I am asking the same qustion, although I am pretty sure it doesn't end....ever!

Anonymous said...

You're lucky the bleeding wasn't worse. Head wounds are notorious for the amount of blood they can generate. John got hit by some equipment at a playground when he was about 3. When we saw him walking across the park to us I didn't even recognize him as my own child. I thought he was just some kid in a red baseball cap. By the time he got to us his head was completely covered in blood as well as the whole front of his shirt. When we got him cleaned up however, he only had 5 little pinprick size holes where a rivet had punctured him. But oh, how they bled!

I promise it does get better though. Give yourself another 5-10years.

Anonymous said...

Sorry Christina, that was me. I didn't choose to be anonymous but something happened (not sure what).