Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Yawn, it's another one of those days.

What a night!! After an exhausting game of 4 on 4 ultimate last night Whitney decided to wake up right when it was time for Dave and I to go to bed. After singing her back to sleep 4 times only to have her keep waking up I tried to put her in bed with daddy. That was not going to work she screamed and screamed even harder. So I let her cry while I get ready for bed and then try to lay down with her. Nope, she doesn't believe I'm there. So I pick her up and go out to the rocking chair. 1 am and we are both still awake. She is crying tummy hurt mommy. Well, we unfortunately don't have anything for tummy aches right now so I keep trying to soothe her and find out where in her tummy. Finally she says "hungy mommy" So we pull out some gold fish (thanks grandma) and a drink. Put her back in her bed and hope this works. NOPE. As soon as I leave the crying begins again. So, as tired as I was I tried a movie. As i am in and out of consciousness Danica also wakes up because she wants to watch a movie too. YIKES. So it is now 3:30 am and now everyone but daddy is awake. I decide this isn't going to work, take the movie away go find some tylenol and sing many many primary songs to my overtired children. Yes - success. They both finally fall asleep. I crawl back into bed at 4 am. Two hours later the alarm goes off. UGGGHH. I lay there for an hour and let Dave get ready by himself (again -thanks for the cereal grandma) and since I can't fall back asleep get up at 7. Only to have my children wake up half an hour later. So, being completely exhausted and not wanting to deal with finghting over anything I pull out the borrowed portable dvd player (thanks Quin) and they each got to watch their own movie in their own part of the house while mommy tries to rest.

And, while I was finishing up some work and they were watching their movies, Whitney somehow snuck into the cuboard and found pudding, not sure how she managed to open it, but it is now all over her face. So much for rest. Sorry no pics of that one.

4 comments:

Livingstone Family said...

Wow, do I ever remember those days! I just have to be grateful now that I have a child old enough to keep a handle on things when I need a little afternoon snooze! The time will come when they will be motivated enough by a quarter that they'll be able to take care of each other. Good luck with everything, I'm thinking of you!

Krystle Ricks said...

Wow Christina! Ya should have told me! I would have come over to watch the girls so you could relax!!! Call me anytime! I'm ALWAYS home!

Bridgette said...

CHRISTINA! Yikes! Those nights are the worst! I hate them! Try to get some rest!

Spencer had a night like that a couple of weeks ago, he was sick with the flu and didn't go to bed until 4:00am! Talk about tired!

Jared and Dani said...

I hate nights and days like those. If I still lived above you I could have come down and taken over for a little bit. But if I still lived above you I would still live in Jodel and so would you, so I guess that there is some positive to not living above you!