As I have tried to put our Christmas card together, I realized that we don't have a picture of the whole family together since last Christmas, and since time is running out I thought I would just share our year in a nutshell:
Our year in Review
January was uneventful
February: Christina had surgery, Grandma Hatch came for a visit to help out and we got a dog:
April: Had a fabulous easter
May: Girls had their first dance recital. A fun kid free cave excursion. Field trips and lots of end of school activities. Danica received Character Counts award. Little D turns into a michevious little guy. Had a visit from Aunt Stephanie and her fiance.
June: 'W' learns to hula. Big D turns 7, Little D gets first sunburn. Find out Dave got a job at Golden Spike.
July: Dance Fest, and fourth of July. Trip to Mesa Verde National Park on our way to our new permanent adventure.
August: The hotel is our temporary home while we wait to close on our house. The McD's playland is now our playground and so is the gas station. We visit the National Park frequently. Take the kids to the dinousaur park. little D discovered the dinos!
Sept: School starts, we finally close and get to move into our house. We come to a plentiful harvest in the garden. Start kids in dance/gymnastics and Christina gets a job coaching. Take the girls to a salon to get their hair cut - this was their first time having someone other than mom cut their hair - they loved it.
October: Big D gives 'W' a haircut. Halloween activities!!
November: Little D turns 2 and gets a big boy bed. Celebrate everything we are thankful for with lots of family!
December: 'W' turns 5, and Christmas activites are in full swing.
It has been a wonderful year. I can't even begin to say how grateful I am to own a house and know that I can have my feet planted for a good few years before moving again. The last three years have been full of wonderful new adventures, but also alot of stress and I have enjoyed everywhere we have been, and all the wonderful people we have met, but I am so grateful to be done with that phase.
The kids have grown so much this year and we are excited to see what the future holds.
Merry Christmas everyone!!
ps - we are expecting another little joy to enter our family next Spring/summer.

8 comments:
Great pictures! I didn't know you were coaching again. How exciting!
Stephanie
PS my blog is notanothertexaslibrarian.blogspot.com
Congrats on the news!!! We are excited for you!
Lori
Congrats on everything! Especially #4. Will you post some pictures of your house?
Love the year at a glance. Congrats on your baby!!!!! How exciting for you guy's! We miss you all.
Hey! Congrats on the new baby! I was wondering where you guys ended up. We're not too far down here in Layton.
Congrats on #4! I like your idea of the whole year post. Sounds like you guys are doing well. You and your kiddos are adorable.
Congratulations... 4 is a lot!
Hi!
I would like to talk to you about an article I wrote that, being a parent, I think you would enjoy (on early childhood education). I'd love it if you could drop me an email quick so I can give you more details if you're interested or if you were interested in new content for your blog.
Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com
Post a Comment