Sunday, March 14, 2010

recent happenings

Well, I guess it's been a while since I blogged. Just been busy.
to catch you up...
After we got the dog... I had surgery. Dave was home for a week and then my mom came out and played 'mom' instead of grandma for a week and then I was on my own for two weeks.
Dave (bless his heart) had all these ideas of what he was going to do while he wasn't working for a week. none of those ideas got done. imagine that.
I think we wore out my mom between the kids and staying up watching the olympics.
I learned that I am not a good patient. (unless I am copletely nauseated and druged) I learned that being a couch potato makes you hungry for junk - not fruits and veggies, and you are much more tired. It is definately not what our bodies were designed for.

The dog also had a small degression because I wasn't able to out with her for a while. She is doing much better now. She still gets excited when she meets new people, and sometimes with the girls, but she goes on walks without pulling and comes when called and will sit and lay down on request. I have also learned that I am NOT a dog person. While I enjoy the walks and other opportunities to be outside, I just dread the responsibilities that come with a dog. I just have enough on my plate. The good thing is that Danica has taken complete responsibility for the dog. She feeds her and pooper scoops the yard. I think it is great that she wants this responsibility. I didn't even ask her to have these jobs, she just took them upon herself.

We survived the two weeks without daddy. He went to training at the Grand Canyon and had a blast there, but really missed us. I'm sure I'll post pics of his adventure when we get them. He had a disposable camera so we are back to having to get them developed.

I guess that catches us up. mostly. Whitney had a grand week and ended up with a black eye, swollen arm, goose egg on her leg and a bloody nose to top things off (each of which was a seperate disaster) Guess she must be growing again. hahaha

Dallin missed his daddy terribly and when he came home he wouldn't let him go. He had a death grip on his shirt - it made for unpacking the work van interesting and then Dallin cried when daddy left to take the van back.

Well, I will try to keep you posted even though we won't have pictures (so sad). I am reasearching cameras and think I have it narrowed down to two - what feature would you prefer - a self-timer without manual settings, or no self-timer and the option to control what types of features you use when taking a picture (ie- shutter speed, color contrast, etc)?
Then we have to figure out if it's in the budget.

toodles for now.

2 comments:

stephicat said...

Sounds like an exciting month. :)

Angela said...

Hey!!! I'm so excited that you found my blog so that finding yours was so easy! Its great to see your faces again (even if it is just virtually). . . and all your kids (and new puppy)too! Glad ya'll are doing so well!